Nippon no Kajitsu “DEKOPON” from Kumamoto [T81KK90517]
Our Selling Price: US$2.70(tax incl.)
Nippon no Kajitsu
“Dekopon” from Kumamoto
has special flavor and very strong sweetness.
The name of “Dekopon” can be given
if it meets the standards of Saccharic acid quality.
The syrup made from granulated sugar, which is often used for
makes the most of the taste of fruits
and brings out the refined sweetness.
Early November to late December is the busiest season for harvest.
【Tips for DEKOPON】
The name of “Dekopon” is the registered
Japanese domestic trademark owned by Kumamoto Fruits Confederation.
And this kind is called “Shiranui”.
Dekopon can be given that name if it meets the standards
such as having over 13 degrees of sugar content and under 1% of citric acid.
Capacity(drained weight): 110g
Capacity(total weight): 185g
Manufacturer: KOKUBU GROUP CORP
Dekopon Fruits Gratin (Zabajone)
*Ingredients* for 5 servings with 5-inch skillet
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon
4 Egg York
100cc Whipping cream
½ teaspoon Lemon juice
1. Whisk egg york in a bowl with bathing hot water.
When it gets white, add syrup from 2 cans of fruits.
Whisk until it gets harder.
2. Whisk whipping cream in another bowl into medium-firm peak.
(Until peak is a little soft) Add lemon juice and brandy and mix well.
3. Add butter on skillet, place dekopon, and pour 2 on it.
Sprinkle powder sugar on the surface.
4. Preheat an oven with 250c Celsius. Bake it for 5-10 minutes
until it is golden-brown.
*Enjoy it while it is hot!
Sautéed Chicken with Dekopon Vinegar Sauce
*Ingredients* for 2 servings Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon
1 fillet Chicken thigh
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon White wine
½ tablespoon White wine vinegar
½ tablespoon Olive oil
½ teaspoon Soy sauce
1. Make chicken thigh even flat by slicing thick part.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on both side.
2. Place chicken thigh onto a pan. (Make sure skin is facing a pan.)
Heat in low-middle heat. Place a lid to cover chicken while heating.
After chicken gets golden-brown, flip it out and heat
without covering with lid. Once heated,
take chicken out from the pan.
3. Put 1 tablespoon of syrup from the fruits can,
white wine and white vinegar. Heat it with middle heat.
4. Stop heating. Mix with olive oil and soy sauce.
5. Cut chicken to serve. Pour sauce in it.
*Ingredients* for 12 muffins (7cm diameter muffin mould)
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon (fruits only)
1 tablespoon Baking powder
2 pinch Salt
50g Coconuts Oil or Butter
200g Plain yogurt
1. Mix all powder ingredients, and stir it with food processor.
2. Add coconuts oil (or butter), and stir it until it becomes powdery.
3. Add egg and yogurt, and stir it.
4. Place cooking paper onto muffin moulds.
Pour dough into them until half. Put dekopon.
5. Preheat an oven to 180c Celsius. Bake them for 20-25 minutes.
*If you want to make muffin sweeter,
add 100g of sugar instead of 70g.
Fruits Ice Pop (Dekopon and Pear)
*Ingredients* for 6 servings Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Pear
80ml Black tea
a) 30g Syrup from ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon
a) 30g Syrup from ‘Japanese Fruits’ Pear
a) 40g Syrup (Make with 20g of sugar and 15g of water
by boiling them together.)
1. Mix ingredients a in a bowl. Brew black tea.
After tea gets cooler, add it to the bowl.
2. Put pears and dekopons into moulds, then pour 1 gently.
3. Tap moulds to remove air. Put a stick in each mould
and freeze for more than 8 hours.
‘Dekopon’ Orange and Peach Fruits Ice Pop
Easy recipe! You can try in different juice.
*Ingredients* for 6 servings
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Excluding freezing time)
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon orange
1 can ‘Japanese Fruits’ White peach
a) 50g Syrup from ‘Japanese Fruits’ Dekopon orange
a) 50g Syrup from ‘Japanese Fruits’ White peach
a) 130g Apple juice
a) 20g Syrup
1. Mix ingredients A in a bowl.
2. Put dekopons and peaches into moulds, then pour 1 gently.
3. Tap moulds to remove air. Put a stick in each mould and freeze for more than 8 hours.